U.S. Virgin Islands Clean Energy Workshop—November 2010
The third Energy Development in Island Nations (EDIN) Clean Energy Workshop in support of EDIN's U.S. Virgin Islands pilot project took place at the University of the Virgin Islands St. Croix campus, November 15–16, 2010.
The workshop focused on strategy and policy development and energy efficiency and renewable energy deployment.
Strategy and Policy Development
Learn about island energy strategy and policy development from the following presentations, available as Adobe Acrobat PDFs. Download Adobe Reader.
- Getting to 60% by 2025:Wedges & Working Groups
- Energy Efficiency: The Underestimated Solution
- Renewable Energy Working Group and Wedges
- Transportation Working Group: Wedges, Coordination with 2030 Plan, and Projects
Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy Deployment
Learn about creative solutions to the unique clean energy deployment challenges islands face from the following presentations, available as Adobe Acrobat PDFs.
- Carbon Footprinting
- Green Jobs
- Renewable Energy Opportunities and HOMER Analysis
- Solar and Wind
- USVI Architectural Design Parameters for Naturally Ventilated and Low-Energy Homes
- Overview of Biomass Energy Technologies and Status of Activities in the USVI
- Energy Savings Performance Contracting Opportunities
- Integrating Renewables on the Grid
- Inter-Island Power Transmission Overview