Through technical assistance, the international partnership for Energy Development in Island Nations (EDIN) promotes the adoption of renewable energy and energy efficiency technologies by islands.
EDIN supports the clean energy initiatives of pilot project participants by providing direct technical assistance designed to help them
- Establish energy baselines and load profiles
- Deploy modeling software, geographic information system resource maps, and other tools
- Conduct renewable resource assessments
- Characterize their current energy-generation mix
- Gauge grid reliability constraints and storage requirements
- Develop comprehensive energy plans
- Train technical experts
- Increase existing clean energy technologies and deploy new ones on a significant scale
- Improve energy service delivery and energy security.